Property validation occurs without being requested
A property is configured to use a Local List table. An error occurs if the property is not set to a value specified in the Local List.
The requirement is to disable the property validation.
The actual request returns the below error.
<returnDesc>Validation failed: Errors Detected.
.request: Validation failed: Errors Detected.
.request.IVRData: Validation failed: Errors Detected.
.request.IVRData.callType: The value UK for property callType is not defined in the local value list</returnDesc>
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a property to use a Local List table.
- Run a Request in the channel using the callType field.
- Enter a value that does not exist in the local value list
This behavior is as per Pega product design: when using the Local List table in the property.
For more information, refer to: https://community.pega.com/sites/default/files/help_v731/procomhelpmain.htm#rule-/rule-obj-/rule-obj-property/general_tables.htm
The 'Display only (not for validation)' option is available for the Field Value, Class Key Value, Remote List, or Prompt List options.
Perform the following local-change:
- Change the property to use a 'Prompt List'
- Check the 'Display only (not for validation)' option.