prresources.jar replacement for AES 7.1
On replacing prresources.jar on AES 7.1, the "SelectClusterForOptionsWizard" clusters list for aesmanager operator did not contain CRMBMB; though it is present in prconfig.xml.
Steps to Reproduce
Replace prresources.jar, redeploy application, restart with marker deletion.
Changes were made to the deployed(exploded) WAS-EAR - prconfig.xml rather than repackaging and redeploying the .ear.
The explanation for this behavior is as follows:
Suggest to follow the below steps for the making changes to prconfig.xml and prlogging.xml
1. Stop the prpc_j2ee14_ws
2. Uninstall prpc_j2ee14_ws deployment form WebSphere and save the changes.
3. Stop Websphere app server and start it back again once its fully stopped.
4. Exact the content of prpc_j2ee14_ws.ear(from PRPC media) on disc to \prpc_j2ee14_ws directory
5. Then go to \prpc_j2ee14_ws\APP-INF\lib and extract prresources.jar content to -> prresources directory
6. Make the changes to prconfig.xml and prlogging.xml files and rebuild first prresources.jar using changed file
7. Now rebuild prpc_j2ee14_ws.ear using updated prresources.jar under \prpc_j2ee14_ws\APP-INF\lib
4. Install prpc_j2ee14_ws using newly built EAR file and start it upon saving changed successful deployment.
5. Check PRPC logs and WebSphere logs.
6. Confirm from SMA->Administration-> Configuration Management that changes made to bootstrap & prconfig were picked up fine upon restart.
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.