Query regarding terminating process and email performance
Query regarding terminating mail delivery process and email performance
When 'ps -ef" output file is inspected, you can see the v_javamaildelivery process still exists and eventually dies on its own after few days after performing the required task.
The email delivery performance depends on below parameters:
- Tuning of email related parameters (VevMaxFetchRows, VenvEmailBlockSize, VenvMaxEmailMessageListSize, VenvDefaultEmailServerMaxConnections, VenvOpsQueueSize) using Vantage.init file
- Network Bandwidth between CMD Server and the email Server.
- The size of the email element used.
- The number of placeholders used
- The number of Campaigns running simultaneously
- The specifications of the CMD application server itself (number if CPU, RAM size, number of concurrent processes running)
Example: If there are ~20 campaigns running parallel, you can set the value to 10,000 (ten thousand) . For unlimited number of campaigns this value must be further less (~ 5000 ). You must note that the values mentioned above are not actuals. You must tweak them based on the experiences on how they show up in production environment.
CMD is quick in preparing the emails to send, it is only throttle limit at the email server that needs to be relaxed to inturn increase the performance.
Currently, the VenvOpsQueueSize set is 10,000. You must know the number of Campaigns that are running simultaneously to tweak the above mentioned parameters accordingly.
Relax the throttle limit at email server and check the delivery rate (TPS).
0% found this useful