Real time processing does not retrieve the latest record
User has configured two real time data flows.
The first real time data flow is configured to invoke the 'Capture response for previous decision in the past period' Strategy. In the Strategy, on performing a Data Join with an external input (Cassandra), the results do not display for the Join though the data matches. However, the same functionality works after restarting the data flow.
The second real time Data Flow is configured for the Capture Response flow. The Strategy shape in this real time data flow is configured to load the previous decisions from within the past 7 days. On starting this real time data flow, unable to Capture Response for decisions made after this time point.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create two real time data flows.
- Configure a Strategy with the 'Capture Response for previous decision for the past period' mode in the first data flow.
- Send the Offer Response payload such that the real time data flow processes the incoming event.
- Configure the second data flow for the Capture Response flow.
- Configure a Strategy shape in the second real time data flow to load the previous decisions from within the past 7 days.
- Start this real time data flow. Unable to Capture Response for decisions made after this time point.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
The Strategy shape on the realtime data flow is configured to load the previous decisions by time range (for example, for the last 7 days). The implementation behind this use case, must calculate the start and end times based on the system's current timestamp for every request. However, this start and end times are cached per data flow run inaccurtately. For a Real Time data flow, this is frozen to be the moment when the first request is processed by this data flow, and any decisions made after that time point are excluded by the time range criteria inaccurtately.
This feature is implemented in Pega Platform 8.4.
Published April 2, 2020 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.