Required field does not turn red in repeating grid
The Required field does not turn red in the repeating grid when the value is blank; and the user can submit the assignment.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a table such that it is sourced by a Pagelist property.
- Include a dropdown field that must be validated for a mandatory check.
- Add a label that has the Required (*) symbol to indicate the same.
The property included in the table is not marked as 'Required'. Once the property is checked as 'Required', the field turns 'Red' if the value is empty (as per the application design). The grid does not display the Validation error message in the table. However, an error icon displays. OnHover of the error icon, the associated error message displays as a tooltip. This behavior is as per Pega product design. The error messages are displayed down or next to the corresponding field in the dynamic layout and not in the grid.
Perform the following local-change:
- Include the dropdown property in a separate section in the dynamic layout and mark it as Required.
- Refer the same in the table as a Section Include in the column.
Published April 1, 2020 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.