Scheduled report is not run and not emailed
Administrators received reports from their system managed that they were not receiving scheduled reports if they attempted to reschedule them.
The original problem was when the report scheduled was saved a second time, this was not populating some key fields.
Steps to Reproduce
1. (Optional) stop all agents
2. Ensure the ScheduleTaskProcess agent is stopped.
3. Log in to the Case Manager portal
4. Navigate to the Reports tab
5. Right click on a report (that does not have a schedule) and click the "Schedule" button
6. Create a Daily Scheduled report, choosing today's date as the starting date.
7. (Optional through to and including step 11) By default you will need to set the first run at some full hour in the future.
In SQL (Oracle in this instance) update the pr_sys_queues so that the report will be run immediately
update pr_sys_queues set pxMinimumDatetimeForProcessing = sysdate where pxinsname like 'SYSTEM-QUEUE-SCHEDULEDTASK 14102%'
You may need to examine your instance data to know which row to run
HINT: By default Oracle does not display the time portion of a date time. But the query below will show this:-
select to_char(pxcreatedatetime,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') createdate, pxinsname,
to_char(pyminimumdatetimeforprocessing,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') mintime,
to_char(pxlastexecutiondatetime,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') lastrunat, pxobjclass,
pyagentname, pxprocessingnodeid, pyattempts, pymaxattempts, pyitemid,
where pxinsname like 'SYSTEM-QUEUE-SCHEDULEDTASK 14102%'
8. In SMA: Navigate to Agent Management > Agents and start the ScheduledTaskProcess agent
9. In SQL: Re-examine the pr_sys_queues entry. This should show that the pyMinimumDateTimeForProcessing has been updated to tomorrow
10. If you have configured an email server then you should have also received an email.
11. In SMA: Stop the ScheduledTaskProcess agent
12. In PRPC Developer portal: From the Pega button choose, Reporting > Components > Scheduled Tasks
13. Open the newly created Schedule Task
14. Click the Update button
15. Click the Delete button
16. In SQL: Run the query against pr_sys_queues. This should show that the row has disappeared
17. In Case Manager portal: Refresh the screen.
18. Right click on the same report and click Schedule button.
19. Click Reopen button
20. Click Submit button.
21. In SQL: Examine the row and verify that some of the required columns are blank.
After HFix-10381 was supplied to address the problem of the pr_sys_queues entries not being picked up by the ScheduledTaskProcess agent, the administraters were observing another problem relating to the authentication. This was displaying the following exception in the logs.
2014-12-03 14:26:41,870 [ http-8443-10] [Components] [ PegaNBAM:06.03] (pega_integrationengine_default) ERROR COMPANYNAME.CLOUD.com|127.0.0.1
username - Unexpected exception caught while trying to send an email message.
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 Authentication required
The configuration in this instance was using SMPTS which should have been passing the user credentials in the hashmap that was passed to the sendMessage call.
0% found this useful