Screen capture feature was not loaded successfully
Users on desktops without administrative access and ActiveX controls installed, notice the message "Screen Capture Feature was not loaded successfully", when using the [Attach Files > Advanced View > Attach a Screenshot] functionality.
Screen Capture Feature was not loaded successfully
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a work item in PRPC 6.3SP1 and Customer Process Manager (CPM) 6. Make sure user does NOT have administrative access to their system.
2. Click on 'Attach Files' icon at top right corner.
3. Click on 'Advanced View' button at the bottom of the window.
4. Click on 'Attach a screenshot' option.
5. Observe an empty 'Window Name' drop box and the message "Screen Capture feature was not loaded successfully".
Administrative access is required to load the Screen Capture OCX control.
Here’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
User must have administrative access log into the system and then log into PRPC to download and install the Screen Capture OCX control.