Search index host nodes removed after cluster restart
Configured search index host nodes are removed after cluster restart.
Steps to Reproduce
- Deploy the application on 8 nodes, 4 of which are configured as search index host nodes on Search landing page
- Set the index file directory for each of those 4 nodes as /<somepath>/PegaSearchIndex
- Restart the nodes
The environment was not started in the correct order. The index nodes were not started first.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Start the node identified as the master index node first
- Start the secondary index nodes followed by the non-indexing nodes
Alternatively, add the JVM arguement -Dindex.directory=" " to prevent selection of non-indexing nodes:
- Specify the directory to always make this node an index host node:
- Leave the setting blank to never make this node an index host node:
Configure the setting on all non-index nodes.
If -Dindex.directory is not specified, and a custom index is used, the system uses the default directory if no other index host nodes are online when a server starts.