Signature Capture control not embedded in OOTB generated PDF
Out of the box (OOTB) signature capture control works as expected and when user signs on the control using the Mouse and it gets attached to the Case as an image file.
Using the "Create PDF" smart shape after the form has been signed results in the signature not being present on the PDF.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a section and include the control “Capture signature”.
- Use the section in the "Create PDF" smart shape.
- Run the flow.
- Write signature in the “Signature entering area”.
- Observe the generated PDF signature field is blank.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules :Currently "Create PDF" smart shape does not have support for capturing signatures.
Perform the following local-change:
Currently"Create PDF" smart shape does not have support for capturing signatures.
Following is the local change :
Create a section with a signature control and a button ‘Generate PDF’.
The button calls an activity ‘GenPDF’ to perform the actions resulting a PDF with signature control output embedded into it.
Create an HTML Stream: From App Explorer: As shown below.
Here is the Content of the HTML rule. Include a section named CollectSingature1 and image of signature control outcome.
Back to the section, add a new activity to the button using the actions tab and selecting run activity.
Adding the Steps to activity,
- Set few parameters:
- Param.PDFName – name of file which you want to add as an attachment.
- Param.INSHandle - .pzInsKey
- Param.StreamName-It’s the html stream created above so as to include the section and embed base 64 output of signature control.
2: Call the activity ‘HTMLToPDF’ and select ‘pass current parameter page’.
3. Add a step to call ‘Code-Pega-PDF.AttachToCase’ and select ‘Pass current parameter page’.
4. Run the case and the attachment should have the signature embedded into it.
An enhancement request for the "Create PDF" smart shape to support the the signature control has also been entered.
33.333333333333% found this useful