Sorting on repeating grid displays incorrect values
Two different sections, (Sec1 and Sec2) have the same grid source and are filtered on a value. They are embedded in a single section, Sec3.
After enabling Sorting on the grid, the grid data displays incorrect values. The incorrect values display only for Editable radio buttons and text input. That is, when Grid1 is sorted, Grid2 is impacted and vice versa.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a section, Sec1 and add a grid table (Grid 1) with source as pagelist.
- Create a section, Sec2 and add a grid table (Grid 2) with source as the same pagelist.
- Use a filter on both the grids based on some value.
- Embed both sections in another section, Sec3.
- Enable Sorting on both the grids.
- Sort Grid 1 multiple times and check Grid 2. The values of the radio input is impacted or another row is added.
The configuration was incorrect.
When a Sort action is performed on the first grid, which is editable, the values are posted to the server. Hence, the Clipboard has the modified values and sorted.
However, the second grid is not refreshed. Hence, the client indexes are stale (that is, initial index 1 changes to 7 after the first grid is sorted). When sorting is applied on the second grid, the values are posted to the server and incorrect indexes are updated.
As a local-change, use different property sources for the grids.
0% found this useful