Spell check with RichTextEditor control is not working
User has a field with control as 'RichTextEditor' , for which default spell check is not working.
Also, they have added an icon of type 'SpellChecker' in the same section ,and on click of this icon it does the spell check on other fields that has input type as 'TextArea'.
The issue is only with the field that uses 'RichTextEditor' control.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a section with a radio button(eg- A,B,C) and add on change Refresh Section action.
2. Add few dynamic layout in same section and provide visibility condition to layouts based on radio button selection.
3. Put a textarea in another layout but above RTE with visibility condition(Make sure the textarea will not be visible when RTE is visible)
4. Add RTE to any of the layout which will be visible lets say for Radio Button value "A"
5. Run the flow.
6. Add wrong text to RTE and click on RTE default spell check .
A software use or operation error :-
User has one textarea present above RTE with "Visibility When condition and Run Visibility Condition checked" configuration. And the textarea has property reference as that of RTE.
At run time though the textarea is not visible but it is present in DOM(because Run Visibility Condition checked only hides the element from UI- Client side validation but markup for the textarea is already created as part of server response ), due to which as per RTE spell check functionality, it checks for all textareas with same property name reference and sets the spell check result in the textarea that is first available. Since the textarea was above RTE , so spell check results are getting set in the invisible textarea.
Perform the following local-change:
Making the Run Visibility Condition unchecked resolved the issue.
With this the element is not present in DOM when visibility condition fails(When page loads as part of server response the markup for textarea itself is not generated).When section refreshes and makes the visibility condition true, then only it will be added to DOM.
0% found this useful