Spell checker does not give correct word pop-over in Pega 7
In PRPC 6, Spell checker option was there from 'Tools' option of every flow action and it used to give correct word pop-over on click of wrong word. However, the same is not showing in Pega 7.
No error message.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Section with TextArea control
2. Configure a button with 'Spell Checker' option.
3. Click on the button to show wrong words and click on the wrong word to get the correct words pop-over.
4. Observe that in Pega 7, Correct word popover does not display.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules: This is expected behavior when using Pega 7 with greater than Internet Explorer 11 and modern browsers.
To provide cross browser compatibility to spell checker, product Pega 7 behaves this way.
To get this popover one of the below solution must be used:
1) To get the correct word popover in Pega 7 for plain controls, the Internet Explorer browser must be less than or equal to Internet Explorer 10.
However, It does not work for modern browsers.
2) Use RichTextArea control instead of TextArea and use spell checker of RichTextEditor control for spell checking and click on wrong word to see the popover. This works in Pega 7 with all modern browsers.
Published May 25, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.