Tab shortcuts do not work as expected with JAWS
User implemented Job Access With Speech (JAWS) accessibility tool to navigate through different form fields in the application.
When user press "Insert + F5" key it brings up the 'Select a Form Field' popup. If user navigates through the form fields in the popup and hits 'Enter' on an entry, JAWS says "...to activate tab page press spacebar".
At this point, if the user engages the spacebar key, nothing happens. User expects the selected field or tab to be activated at this point.
Steps to Reproduce
- Bring up a portal with work objects opened in tabs.
- Enable Job Access With Speech (JAWS) screenreader tool.
- Press "Insert + F5" key which will bring up the 'Select a Form Field' pop-up.
- Navigate through the entries in the popup to select one, for example W-122, and press 'Enter'.
- At this point, JAWS says "...to activate tab page press spacebar".
- After this instruction, engage the spacebar key and see if the W-122 tab gets activated.
There was no support to fire the correct event when the spacebar (keycode 32) was pressed.
This hotfix contains changes to add a condition for the space key so that the event gets fired when spacebar (keycode 32) is pressed, thereby generating a click on the selected tab from the "select a form field" dialog of JAWS.