Unable to access username and password in Custom authentication
Unable to access the username and password in the Custom authentication activity. The HTTPServlet Request Authorization Header displays blank even after updating the System Management package Authentication type to Custom and fetching the username and password in the Authentication service activity.
Error From script side:
401 Unauthorized error
Steps to Reproduce
- Update System Management package Authentication Type =Custom
- Call import service from prpcServiceUtils.sh
The prpcServiceUtils only supports Basic Authentication. However, an AuthService record on the Custom tab is used which uses Basic Authentication for the Challenge options. On selecting this, the prpcServiceUtils sends the pega.rest.username and pega.rest.password values when the AuthService requires them. The Authentication activity specified in AuthService can access these values through the standard param.UserIdentifier and param.Password parameters.
ResolutionPerform the following local-chane to use custom authentication with prpcServiceUtils:
- Select 'Use Basic Authentication for signon' for the Challenge Options:
- Perform the Authentication activity. Ensure that the param.UserIdentifier and param.Password are not blank
- Enter the Basic Authentication details on the AuthService from the prprcServiceUtils
Published May 23, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
100% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.