Unable to Drill Down on Charts in Report Definition
User has a requirement to display charts on Portal Dashboard and on click of the chart it should drill down with data.To implement that they are using Chart control in the Section and referring Report Definition. In the report Definition they have enabled Drill down and are using Default report "pyDefaultReport" for drill down.On running the portal and clicking the chart on the dashboard they are unable to drill down.
Drill Down not working for Report Definition
Steps to Reproduce
1) Created the Report Definition rule to populate the report results.
2) Refer the report rule in section through the Chart control.
3) Results of reports results in chart format but user is unable to drill down the report
The root cause of this problem is software use/operation error.
Current product version doesn't support this feature. Drill down option Does not work when embedded in a portal(Section). This is not a bug, just a function deficiency.
Through Report Browser, you will see both the Image and Interactive Chart which can be drilled down, but that the "Chart" control included in a section(portal) does indeed only show the chart, as that is what you are using on your dashboard.
1) However you can get to the data via the "show data" and then drill down from your dashboard/report data. You can check this by adding and running the same report via the report browser that you are showing via the Chart control
2) By adding a custom button below each chart on the dashboard that says "Drill Down Into Report". Configure the button's action set to run the report definition, so the report opens up into a new modal window. At this point, the drilldown functionality works.
Submitted an enhancement request with id : FDBK-10231 .
0% found this useful