Unable to extend Marketing History view
Pega provides Extension points to extend the Marketing Interaction History tables (IH tables). However, unable to use that data in the Marketing History View since the view is associated to a class which is in the locked ruleset. As a result, the new extended columns from the IH tables are prevented from being included to the 'External Mapping' tab of the PegaMKT-Data-CommunicationHistory class definition.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a new column to the PR_DATA_IH_DIM_ACTION IH Action table.
- Add a new column to the IH Fact table (PR_DATA_IH_FACT) for the above column data.
- Modify the appropriate data transforms to update data to the History tables.
- Update the Marketing history View (MKT_Communication_History) to include the new column from the Action table.
- Map the newly added column in the External Mapping tab to a new property. The system does not allow to Save As PegaMKT-Data-CommunicationHistory class in a locked ruleset.
Pega Marketing does not support customizations to the shipped Communication History view. This is because some of the shipped criteria are directly backed by this view.
As a local change, create a separate association for the extended History construct.
In Pega Platform 7.3.1, all associations are added to the CustomerData data flow. When the flow is generated, it is recommended to manually remove the new association from the generated CustomerData data flow.
An enhancement request, FDBK-60446, is created for consideration by Pega Product Management.
0% found this useful