Unable to open Notes attached to the cases
SummaryTwo different case types are present in which the case IDs starts with the Swedish characters Ä and Ö.
After attaching a note to these cases, unable to open the note. The note is visible in the grid. However, error occur when attempting to open the note.
Error MessagesError on the screen: "Information : Can't open note"Error in Tracer: Unable to open an instance using the given inputs: DATA-WORKATTACH-NOTE DEMO-APP-WORK ÃN-53-350! GMT
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Rectification or an Appeal case.
- Create a Note and submit it.
- Click the link to open the note.
Root CauseThe first activity that is invoked when the note attachment link is clicked in the GetAttachmentReference. Till the activity is executed, the instance handle of the note attachment (DATA-WorkAttach-Note class instance) has the correct value and the special characters are intact.Next, the DisplayNote activity is invoked and the instance name is passed in distorted format. This causes failure in the subsequent steps.This occurs because the browser applies a characterset. Thus, the single byte representation of the special character Ä (code point x00C4) is broken in to multibyte characters ÃƒÂ„. The equivalent HTML encoded format '%C3%83%C2%84' is passed to the parameter (param.LinkedRefTo). Hence, the subsequent Obj-Open-By-Handle fails because it looks for the distorted instance handle in the database.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
- Extend the Work-GetAttachmentReference and Work-DisplayNote activities to the ruleset. Both are Available rules.
- Comment out or remove Step 19 of the first activity :
- Modify Step 1 of the DisplayNote activity as below,
- Add the pyAttachmentPage in the Pages & Classes of the second activity.
- Remove the pyAttachmentPage in Step 5 of this activity.
Published January 5, 2018 — Updated April 7, 2019