Upgrading BIX after upgrading to Pega 8.3
Post ugrading Pega Platform 7.4 to Pega Platform 8.3, unable to set up Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) hosted on Amazon EC2 cloud instance.
The user has:
Steps to Reproduce
Here's the explanation for the reported behavior:
BIX is part of the Pega Platform from Pega Platform 8.3. For more information, refer to, 'Upgrading BIX' section in the BIX 8.1 User Guide.
The user need not import the BIX Product Rule anymore.
Follow the instructions from the Step 8 in the User Guide (Adding BIX ruleset in the application which is available as part of the Pega Platform 8.3):
8. When the import process is complete, add the BIX ruleset to the base ruleset version in the Application rulesets list as Pega-BIX:08-01-xx, where 'xx' is the patch version that matches the Pega Platform version that the user is running. 9. Save the ruleset.
10. Locate the Application rule (select it from the Access Group display or from the list in Application Definition > Application in the Records Explorer). Add Pega-BIX: 08-01-xx to the list of Application rulesets.
11. Save the changes and log out. When the user logs in again, BIX displays as the Extract selection under SysAdmin in the Rules Explorer.
After upgrading the BIX, the user may need to perform the following:
- Reconfigure the stand-along command-line environment:
- Download the BIX Distribution archive and expand it into a directory.
- Configure a JVM environment with access to the Pega Platform JAR files and the appropriate database driver files
- Configure the prconfig.xml, prbootstrap.properties and the prlog4j2.xml files provided in the Configuration directory of the BIX Distribution to specify the source and target databases and split schema setup (Refer to: Configuring the extraction environment).
- Regenerate the pegarules.keyring file, if required.
- Copy the Extract rule XML to the appropriate path.
- Validate the ANT build file with the sample build file provided in the Distribution Package.
- Update the work tables to include the new columns.
- Run the Resave utility to populate the new columns
- Apply DDL scripts manually to create the pr_extract_time and pr_sys_queues_bix tables if they are not present in the PegaRULES schema.
Published April 3, 2020 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.