Validation rules behavior incorrect while running a test case
A case type is present on an application with a validation rule. This validation rule verifies with the DOBYear text property's value is in between 1900 and the current year. If the condition is satisfied, then the validation passes and the case is created correctly. This works fine while running a case. No validation error occurs on providing correct values in the case. However, while running a recorded test case, validation errors occur for the same set of recorded values.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open a case type from the Case Type explorer
- Select Actions
- Select Record test case
- Step through the case type
- Click the Create test case link at the lower right corner
- Define assertions which include the embedded properties
- Save the newly created test case
- Open the associated data transform by clicking View test data. No user inputs are captured in the data transform
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. Top level page (pyWorkPage) captures the data correctly. However, the embedded page on pyWorkPage fails to capture the data.
This issue was reported as a bug to be remediated in Pega 8.2.6 patch release.
Published January 17, 2020 - Updated December 2, 2021
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.