Window name displaying as thread instead of IE HTML title tag
SummaryWhen a new window is launched from section window, the title is showing as thread name instead on title provided in HTML code. This issue is happening on Internet Explorer browser with 7.2 environment but working fine in Chrome. The same code and setup used to work in a 6.3 environment on Internet Explorer.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Configure open URL in new window call activity.
2. From activity, HTML rule is used to set the title and launch harness.
3. In Internet Explorer, click on link. Observe the provided HTML title tag is not used, rather the thread name.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environment: Internet Explorer has security settings that can be toggled to allow or disallow this level of configuration for the name of the new popup window. After the upgrade to Pega 7, either this security setting was updated, or Pega handled this security setting differently than it had in Pega 6 versions.
ResolutionMake the following change to the operating environment:
1. In Internet Explorer, select Internet Options and go to the Security Tab.
2. The next step depends on if you have the URL is listed as a Trusted site. If this URL is not listed as a Trusted site, just replace "Trusted sites" with "Internet" or "Local intranet" in the next step.
3. Select the "Trusted Sites" at the top, and click on the "Custom Level" at the bottom.
4. Scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section, and choose "Enable" for "Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraint"
5. Restart Internet Explorer for settings to take effect.
Published August 24, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020