Configuring the system for running simulations of decision strategies
When you make changes to your decision data, data flows, and data models, the results of your updates impact your decision strategies. To verify what effects your changes produce on your customer-oriented campaigns, you can simulate the decision process with these updates on sample production data, including customer information, Adaptive Decision Manager input, and interaction history. After comparing the simulation results with your current outcomes, you can decide whether you want to implement your modifications.
uPlusTelco is about to release a new line of tablets. Before the launch, the marketing team is determining the demand for the new products among both their current and prospective customers. As the lead marketing strategy specialist in that team, you are responsible for designing and implementing the simulation plan for the products release. To ensure that the results are reliable, you want to use real customer data of your company to test how the offers with new products might be received, to update your global marketing strategy accordingly.
To achieve that goal, simulate how changes to decision strategies impact their outcomes by performing the following procedures:
- Configuring the data migration settings in the development environment
- Optional: Configuring Deployment Manager for simulation pipelines
- Promoting an application in the production and Business Operations environments
- Collecting sample customer data in the production environment
- Export and import data by doing one of the following actions:
- Running a simulation
For a summary of this tutorial, see the following video: