Generating mobile certificates for the iOS platform
Create certificates in the Apple Developer Portal for a sample app that also supports push notifications. Your organization must be enrolled in the Apple Developer Enterprise Program in order to configure the certificates for iOS.
The Apple Developer Enterprise Program option is suitable for organizations who are not going to publish their apps to App Store but plan on distributing the apps internally to their own employees. It is the most flexible option in terms of app distribution and is recommended for distributing Pega mobile apps to your own employees during all stages of development. For more information about available enrollment options in the Apple Developer Portal, see Choosing a membership.
Perform the following tasks:
- Creating a distribution certificate for signing iOS apps
- Creating an App ID for your iOS app
- Creating a mobile provisioning profile
- Creating an APNs certificate for push notifications
After you complete these tasks, the following files are generated:
- An iOS distribution certificate saved as a password-protected .p12 file
- A mobile provisioning profile saved as a *.mobileprovision file
- An APNs certificate saved as a password-protected .p12 file
These certificate files are needed for a certificate set in Pega Platform™ when you build a mobile app for the iOS platform. For more information, see iOS certificate set. After you generate the certificates, sign in to Pega Platform, upload the three certificate files, and begin building your iOS mobile app. For more information, see Building mobile apps.