Keeping on-premises Pega Platform current
Deploy Pega Platform to install a new version, to take advantage of new features in an upgrade, or to apply cumulative bug fixes in a patch to your 8.x system. For customized hotfixes, use the Hotfix Manager.
The path you take depends on your situation:
- For a new installation of Pega Platform, see the Installation Guide for your application server and database: Deploy Pega Platform.
- To upgrade from any version of Pega Platform to the current release, see the Upgrade Guide for your application server and database: Deploy Pega Platform.
- For on-premises clients: Patch releases are available through Pega Digital Software Delivery. To apply a patch to your existing system, use the appropriate guide for your system:
- Patching systems without downtime (Pega 8.4 and later)
- Patching systems without downtime (8.2 to 8.3.x)
During the patch process, the process installs only rule changes observed between the patch and the current version. The specific process depends on whether you are using the recommended High Availability configuration.
- If you have a customized hotfix from Pega support, see Applying hotfixes.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Pega Platform patch release schedule and contents
The Pega Platform patch release process applies to systems running Pega Platform 8.1 and later. Several cumulative patches are released a year for each release stream. The Pega software patch process dynamically determines the deltas between the patch release and the version you are running and only installs those deltas.
- Applying hotfixes
Hotfixes are software updates that Pega creates to fine-tune the behavior of a release of Pega Platform.