Keeping on-premises Pega Platform current
Deploy Pega Platform to install a new version, to take advantage of new features in an upgrade, or to apply cumulative bug fixes in a patch to your 8.x system. For customized hotfixes, use the Hotfix Manager.
The path you take depends on your situation:
- For a new installation of Pega Platform, see the Installation Guide for your application server and database.
- To upgrade from any version of Pega Platform to the current release, see the Upgrade Guide for your application server and database.
- For on-premises clients: Patch releases are available through Pega Digital Software Delivery. To apply a patch to
your existing system, use the appropriate guide for your system:
- Patching systems without downtime (for Pega Platform version 8.4 and later)
- Patching systems without downtime (for Pega Platform versions 8.2 and 8.3)
During the patch process, the process installs only rule changes observed between the patch and the current version. The specific process depends on whether you are using the recommended High Availability configuration.
- If you have a customized hotfix from Pega support, see Applying hotfixes.
- Upgrading Pega Infinity for on-premises environments
Upgrade to the latest Pega Infinity release to take advantage of new features and capabilities in the most current release and to apply the latest security enhancements and bug fixes.
- Applying the latest on-premises patch
With the Pega Platform patch release process, you apply the latest, important security, supportability and reliability improvements and bug fixes since the last minor release. Pega patches apply only changes observed between the patch and your currently running version, which ensures backwards compatibility and no regressions or feature updates that could negatively impact your application functionality. Fixes included in patches are based on a wide range of client feedback, which ensures that you can access all of the addressed issues for