Configuring a Pega Chat server for Web Chatbot
To initiate a chat conversation from Web Chatbot, you must first install Pega Chat and configure a chat server. This chat server is configured with multiple chat queues, and when launched, directs the customer to the appropriate chat queue for assistance.
For more information about installing Pega Chat, see the Pega Chat Installation Guide on the Pega Chat product page.
Pega Chat is licensed separately.
- Identify and configure your Chat servers and Chat queues. For more information, see the Pega Chat implementation steps in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Log in to the Web Chatbot configuration portal by using your administrator credentials.
- Add a new Web Chatbot or open an existing one.
- On the Configuration tab, from the list of configured chat servers, select the Chat server and the Chat queue.
- Optional: To change the default application URL to the URL where the Web Chatbot is to be deployed, click Pega Application URL and change the URL that is used by the Web Chatbot.
- Click Submit.
To save any changes that are made to an already deployed Web Chatbot, such as modifying the chat server, you must redeploy the Web Chatbot.
Published November 27, 2017 — Updated December 6, 2017