Collecting information from a user
Gather the information that your business process requires by creating an assignment to collect that data from users. For example, a customer service representative can enter personal details and income information from a client during the loan request process.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
In the Case life cycle section, hover over a process in a stage, and then click .
In the new text field, enter a unique name that describes the task.
In the properties panel, in the Step section, in the Route to list, identify the user or team that performs the task:
- To assign the task to the user who last updated the case, select Current user.
- To assign the task to another user in your application, select Specific
user, and then configure the user parameters.
You can assign the task to a user by user name, a user by user reference, the reporting manager of the user who last updated the case, or a case participant.
- To assign the task to a team that shares a work queue, select Work queue, and then select a team.
- To automatically assign the task to a user with the appropriate availability,
skill set, or workload, select Use business logic, and then click
the Configure business logic icon.
For more information about configuring business-based routing, see Assigning users automatically at run time.
In the Set case status field, set the status that the system assigns to the case when this process step starts:
- To use an existing status, press the Down arrow key, and then select the status.
- To create a new status, enter a unique name for the status.
To describe the purpose of the task, in the Instructions for user field, enter a description.
- Assignment shapes in flows
Assignment shapes represent tasks that users complete in a flow. To ensure that your business process meets all your unique requirements, you can add an assignment shape for each place in the business process that requires human judgment and input.
- Defining the case life cycle
Track and resolve your cases in a convenient and facilitated way by defining the case life cycle that represents a business model. You can define the life cycle as smaller modules that match the elements of your business process.