Tutorial: Referencing remote repository data in a data flow
After you configure the remote data set that you want to use as the data source for your strategy, ensure that the data is ingested through the data flow from the remote repository to Pega Platform™ in the cloud.
Prerequisites: Configure the following records:
- Click > > .
- In the Create Data Flow tab, configure the data flow:
- In the Label field, enter a name for the new record, for example:
- In the Context section, select the Apply to class and ruleset version.
Ensure that you select the same Apply to class as the data set.
- Confirm the settings by clicking .
- In the New tab, double-click the Source shape and define the import source parameters:
- From the Source list, select Data set.
- In the Data set field, select the fileGZip repository and click .
- Double-click the Destination shape and define the import target parameters:
- From the Destination list, select Data set.
- In the Data set field, select your local file data set.
- Click .
- Confirm the data flow configuration by clicking .
Configure a decision strategy and add it to the data flow to analyze the ingested data. For more information, see Strategy rules - Completing the New, Save As, or Specialization form.
You can add other elements to your data flow to analyze and process the ingested data as needed. For example, you can add a Filter element to extract only the data for a specific customer type, or combine the ingested data with another data set by adding a Compose element. For more information, see Creating a data flow.
Published July 16, 2018 — Updated September 5, 2018