Wondering what’s new with robotics in Pega Infinity™ ‘23?
With Pega Robot Manager ‘23 it’s easier than ever before to manage unattended bots with four new features that can save you time and money:
- Easier adoption: Getting new bot processes up and running used to be a multi-step process – and could be a little overwhelming for inexperienced users. Now, you can use self-explanatory wizards to make your configurations, and even to create and configure your underlying case types.
- Simpler implementations: Unattended bots are needed throughout the entire business, and sometimes they’re spread across many different Pega Platform™ instances. Wouldn’t it be nice if the bot army could be consolidated into one Robot Manager instance, so that idle bots from one part of the business could be used by another? You can now do this in Robot Manager ‘23 through remote robot queues! This reduction of downtime means you need fewer bots, can save money, and make the entire system more efficient.
- More visibility and control: Unattended bots pick up work assignments from queues in Robot Manager. In the past, you could see the number of items in a queue, but that was about it. Now, you can pull up a list of individual assignments to learn more about pending work,and get details such as when the assignment was created, its SLA deadline, and its urgency. You can also reprioritize items from your list. For example, if a client has a claim waiting on an unattended bot to process and the client needs results this afternoon, with this new feature you can find the assignment and make sure the bot gets it done in time to satisfy the new deadline.
- Easier upgrades: Providing new versions of automations to unattended bots has always been a little intimidating, even after they’ve successfully gone through QA and UAT. The true test of success Is never really known until those production bots have successfully completed their first production assignments – and you’ll be on the edge of your seat until the results come in. And if those bots aren't successful, how many assignments will you have to process manually before you know for sure? With Robot Manager ‘23, you can assign a test package to just one production bot. This makes it possible to isolate that bot and monitor its successes and failures before assigning the latest version of the automations to the whole group.
Robot Manager ’23 is available now and is compatible with Pega Infinity ’23. Update to this new version to take advantage of the new features described above, along with some other goodies! For more information and more detailed documentation, visit the Related Resources links below.
- Pega Robot Manager '23 - What's New
- Pega RPA on Community
- Robotic Automation - New and Updated Features