- Parapets provides a one-stop custom portal, ‘Parapets Studio’, which enables the users to
- View the dashboard of custom Parapets specific guardrails
- Configure the settings to guardrails and pre branch-merge validations
- Run and view the results of the utilities.
- Extended guardrails: Report and restricts the violations of additional best practices at the individual rule level, over and above the Pega platform’s guardrails. The level of restriction of each custom guardrail can be customized to one of the below choices:
- Restrict the rule from being checked in
- Restrict the merge of branch
- Adding a warning message
- Ignore the violation
More than 30 custom guardrails are provided within this component, from which the development team can choose the ones to be enforced. Additionally, any new custom guardrails can be added to the component, with minimal effort.
- Pre branch-merge validation: Additional best practices can be configured to be validated against the entire branch, before it can be merged. Any deviations will restrict the branch from being merged. Development teams can choose to enforce or relax these checks, as necessary.
- Utility Square: A component that hosts multiple utilities that can be run on the entire application code base or a subset of your choice, to identify potential nonconformity in areas like Best-practices, Performance, Security, Upgrade, Maintainability etc. Some of the utilities are:
- UDF usage validator
- Dead code detector
- Rules overrides
- DB Schema validator
- Localization Helper
It also provides tools that either simplify or eliminate the manual effort and accelerate the development in areas like localization, packaging hotfixes etc. Development teams can also choose to add any custom utilities to this platform, to house all the utilities at one place.
- Security: The configuration settings that either enforce or relax the custom guardrails and pre branch-merge validation can be secured with a password, so that settings are not hampered intentionally or accidentally.
- Application level customization of settings: The configuration settings can be customized for each application in the system. This provides the convenience of having diversified and specialized settings for each application, based on the necessity. These settings can be configured on one application and then exported into other applications, to avoid duplication of effort.
Compatible withPega Platform 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8
Product OwnerDeevyat Mishra
Last updatedSeptember 6, 2023
Product CapabilityEnterprise Application Development