Pega Platform ™ customers can now join the open source Cloud Foundry revolution. With the Pega for Pivotal Cloud Foundry release, Pega customers can run Pega Platform and applications within the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) environment. Pega customers are provided greater choice on their path to the cloud. This choice includes creating a private cloud powered by PCF and continuing to leverage the value of Pega technology.
There are two methods of deploying Pega Platform on PCF:
- For greatest control over the deployment configuration, edit the Pega manifest. This is the best practice. Follow the instructions on Deploying the Pega Platform Service Broker on Cloud Foundry by using BOSH.
- To automate several configuration tasks, use the PCF Ops Manager UI. Follow the instructions on Deploying the Pega Platform Service Broker on Pivotal Cloud Foundry by using Ops Manager.
The distribution file name and contents depends on how you plan to deploy Pega Platform:
- For the recommended BOSH deployment, the distribution file, Pega-Service-BOSH-Release-8.10.x.zip, includes the following files:
For the PCF Ops Manager deployment, the distribution file, Pega-Service-PCF-Tile-8.10.x.zip, includes the following files:
Both Pega for PCF distributions also include the following items:
- The Pega Platform WAR file
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.14
- Java OpenJDK 1.8.0_181
- Pega Platform
- Configuring a cluster of web, search, and DSM nodes
- Connecting to a Pega Platform database from a PCF environment
- Load balancing and SSO support
- Internal and external Cassandra for DSM
- Leveraging external file storage sources for File Listeners and BIX (e.g. AWS S3, and Azure Blob)
- Configuring Pega System Settings and Java arguments
- HTTP(S)-based Connectors and Services
- Inbound and outbound emails
- Log file forwarding
- And many more