Archive/Purge Wizard - Requests purged but not archived in Prod
SummaryThe user scheduled Purge/Archival wizard processes to archive requests from their production database and observed that certain number of requests got purged but not archived for 2 set of processes.
In logs the below exception is found and the same can be seen in interval statistics also -
2016-09-11 00:43:53,690 [.PRPCWorkManager : 5] (rated.pega_procom_archivepurge) ERROR - ExportZipFile: Encountered the following error: Unable to create a new archive!
Error Messages2016-09-11 00:43:53,690 [.PRPCWorkManager : 5] (rated.pega_procom_archivepurge) ERROR - ExportZipFile: Encountered the following error: Unable to create a new archive!
Steps to Reproduce
- Designer Studio -> System -> Tools -> Purge/Archive wizard -> Configure Process
- Follow subsequent steps to create a process that archives a specific type of request from live database.
- At the end, Schedule the same process to execute daily.
- Obseve requests got purged but not archived.
- Error encountered and an exception can be seen in both logs and interval statistics.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ in the retun logic of the "exportItems" RUF. The RUF initializes a boolean "bIncomplete" flag as "false" but exisiting logic fails to set the value to "true" inside the catch(Exception) block. That means even if a java.io.IOException is raised from the call to "PRRuleMgmtUtilsImpl.createExport()" method, the "bIncomplete" flag is not being set to "true". This causes the process flow to continue purging the dataset.
Published September 21, 2016 - Updated October 6, 2016