Autocomplete performance slow sourced from 11k items
There are performance issues for an Autocomplete control sourced from a data page with 11,000 items. It is slow to return results and, sporadically, the wrong result is displayed during performance degradation.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add an Autocomplete control with a data page containing 11,000 entries.
- Type and delete characters and see how the behavior of the control gets slower and slower.
An issue in the custom application code or rules
The Autocompete control is not suited to such large data sets.
Perform the following local-change:
When you have a data set this large, the best way to handle it is to use parameterized data pages to filter the results so that there is only a subset of the data sourcing the Autocomplete. Below is an example configuration.
1. Specify a Report Definition to be used as the source of the data page.
This allows you to configure a filter condition based on a parameter value as shown.
Define the parameter in the Parameters tab.
The highlighted section of the example below, Edit filters, shows how to make the filter case insensitive if this is a requirement.
2. Specify the data page to use the parameter.
3. Specify the Autocomplete to use the parameterized data page:
Select the check box “Search using data page parameter”, which appears when you specify a parameterized data page.
4. Test the Autocomplete control.
100% found this useful