BIX does not work after upgrading from PRPC 6.1 SP2
You are upgrading a system that has BIX installed to Pega 7.1.7. During upgrade, the pr_extract_time table is dropped.
/apps/BIX/batch/bixexport.xml:237: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/apps/BIX/batch/bixexport.xml:222: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-02063: preceding line from
ORA-06512: at "SCHEMA1.ROLLBACK_ESDS_EXTRACT", line 22
ORA-06512: at "SCHEMA1.PRE_SQL", line 3
ORA-06512: at line 1
Steps to Reproduce
1. Run the generateddl script: generateddl.bat --action upgrade.
2. Apply schema to environment.
The root cause of this problem is a backward compatibility defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules. Prior to Pega 7.1.7, the pr_extract_time table was created during the installation of core Pega. Starting from Pega 7.1.7, it needs to be created as part of the BIX installation. Since the core Pega upgrade no longer needs it, the table is droped.
This issue is resolved through the following Local-change:
- If the upgrade is not yet complete, remove the SQL command to drop this table from the generated DDL before applying it.
- If the upgrade is complete and the table is dropped, recreate it as part of the installation of BIX 7.1.7. The readme file in the AdditionalProducts/BIX directory contains a note on the procedure to create the tables.
- config - Contains configuration settings for BIX connectivity and startup.
- lib - Contains jar files required for BIX execution.
- rulesets - Contains the Pega-BIX:06-03-01.
- schema - Contains required PRPC database schema changes
If you would like the existing content of this table you will need to either use database tools to copy the old table and its content to your new rules schema or run the script to create the table and then manually insert the data. If you do not care about the content of the table then run the appropriate script found in the schema directory for your database to recreate the needed tables.
0% found this useful