Bulk Actions filtered case objects show unexpected results
Users filtering case objects in Bulk Actions of the Case Manager portal on Pega 7.1.8 report the following issues:
Issue 1: Filters for the list of case objects displayed in the grid are removed during the bulk transfer of work.
Issue 2: The Select All option in Bulk Actions shows the filtered list but the number in the Select All # Results shows the number of all cases in the unfiltered list. For example, the filtered list displys 50 cases, but the label is Select All 175 Results.
Steps to ReproduceIssue 1
- In the Case Manager portal Bulk Actions, click Process to display the list of case objects.
- Click the Filter icon in any one of the column headings to filter the list of cases.
- Select filter criteria and click Apply. to display the filtered list of cases.
- Notice that the number in Select All # Results does not reflect the current number of ifiltered cases in the list.
Select All # Results displays all cases, unfiltered,
- Select the option Select All # Results to select all the items of the filtered list.
The list returns to the previous state and displays all the cases that were present in the list before filtering was applied.
See the Steps To Reproduce in Pega 7.1.7 SA-24006, https://pdn.pega.com/support-articles/select-all-not-selecting-only-filtered-records
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules For the application of the reported problem scenario, the check box propertypyBulkProcessingPage.pySelected is incorrectly placed in the pzBulkProcessingSelectAll section .
It should be on the grid present in the pyBulkProcessingAssignDisplay section.
Issue 1 was resolved in Pega 7.3.
Issue 2 was resolved in Pega 7.2.2, which includes Pega 7.1.7 HFix-27272, given as the solution in SA-24006..
Best Practice: Update or upgrade to the latest Pega release.
If you cannot update or upgrade your Pega deployment, then perform the following local changes for Pega 7.1.8.
- Create a new data transform @baseclass.UnCheckSelectAllInBP.
Set pySelectedAction value to UnSelectAll.
- Copy (Save As) the Pega-provided @baseclass.pzBulkProcessingCheckbox section to @baseclass.BulkProcessingCheckbox in your application ruleset.
a. Add pyBulkPorcessingPage (of type @baseclass) in Pages & Classes.
b. Change the action set of Checkbox.
- In the section BulkProcessingActionSection, make the following changes:
a. Change the refresh to BulkProcessingCheckbox instead of pzBulkProcessingResultsWrapper.
b. OnClick of the Select Action button present in the pzBulkProcessingActionSection section refreshes pzBulkProcessingResultsWrapper.
c. Change the refresh to pzBulkProcessingCheckbox instead of pzBulkProcessingResultsWrapper.
- To get refreshed Save As the pzBulkProcessingSelectAll section as BulkProcessingSelectAll into the application ruleset, make the following change:
Change this line of code
<%=tools.getLocalizedTextForString(".pyCaption", "BulkActions_SelectResults\t" + tools.findPage("pyBulkProcessReport").getString("pxResultCount")) %>
To this line of code
<%=tools.getLocalizedTextForString(".pyCaption", "BulkActions_SelectResults\t" + tools.getParamValue("totalRecords")) %>
- Refer the BulkProcessingSelectAll section into pyBulkProcessingAssignDisplay section because the pyBulkProcessingAssignDisplay section is available.
See also Pega 7.1.8 SA-33444, https://pdn.pega.com/support-articles/bulk-processing-filter-condition-lost.
See this Support Article and others for Pega 7.1.8 with this PDN Search link.
100% found this useful