Cannot increase maximum length of a property
The maximum size of a property that has been optimized for reporting cannot be increased.
Because property is exposed in a database column, 14 has been changed to 10 to conform to base property definition.
Steps to Reproduce
- Optimize a property with a maximum length set.
- Try to increase the maximum length of the property.
An issue in the custom application code or rules. Developers cannot increase the maximum size of an exposed property; they can only lower it.
Perform the following local-change: If the property has not been used yet, delete it. Then create a new property with the desired length. Otherwise, you can unoptimize the property first by following these steps:
- Delete the exposed column from the database using database tools.
- Check the instances of Log-System-PropertyOptimization and find the one that is associated with the property you want to unoptimize. Open that property and record the pzInsKey.
- Create an activity to delete the desired Log-System-PropertyOptimization instance by performing an Obj-Delete-By-Handle the pzInsKey from above. A commit will also be required to persist the deletion to the database.
- Delete instances of Log-System-Schema-Column associated to the property in using the actions and activity from Steps 2 and 3.
- Delete mapping for this property and the column on the External Mapping tab of each class that had this as an optimized property, if one is present.
- If necessary, repeat Steps 1 through 5 for any copies of the property in child classes that are also exposed.
- Open the Data-Admin-DB-Table instance for Log-System- and click the Test Connectivity button. (This step is not always necessary).