Column header on Grid Repeat Layout being truncated
Column Header on Grid Repeat Layout is being truncated. This happens when one of the values in another column is too large (that is, it has many characters). This happens on all/any browser.
No error messages
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Data Table with various columns.
2. Enter data into the data table (say 12 rows).
• In one of the columns, enter a large value, i.e, let the number of characters in it be, say 30.
• For certain number of rows, do not enter values in one of the columns.
3. Create a section and use the Grid Repeat Layout. Use a Report Definition of the data table’s class to display the data of the data table.
4. Set the following configurations for the Grid Repeat Layout
-> Pagination – Set number of pages such that the column with empty values appears on one page
-> Style – Other ; Listview Style
-> Container format – None
-> Width of content – Fill (100%)
5. Include this section in another section (say, Main). Create a flow action for the “Main” section and use it in a flow rule.
6. Run the flow.
In one of the pages, note that few column headers are truncated.
Last column header label is trucating because of width:auto set on it for fill 100% case.
This issue is resolved through the following local change:
Add a column next to the last column in the repeating grid. In the Column's properties add display:none; as the configuration for Inline style.
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.