Connector error handling details are not shown on the data page
A user has created a data page with a ‘List’ structure, a ‘Connector’ as data source, and configured to use ‘Response Data transform’. Whenever ‘Response Data Transform’ is used.
The user observes that the connector error handling details (pyStatusValue,pyHTTPResponseCode and pyStatusMessage) are not saved to the data page.
No errors are found in the Pega Logfile; no error messages are displayed on screen.
Steps to Reproduce
To reproduce this issue:
1. Create a data page with list structure and data source as ‘connector’.
2. Configure REST connector details and make sure the properties are mapped for the error handling details in the REST connector.
3. Set ‘Response Data transform’ and once done, save and run the data page.
4. Examine and verify the entries saved in the data page.
5. Observe the error: notice that property/data values are missing from the page.
‘@baseclass.pxCallConnector’ is the final activity rule called to process the connector response. If there are any errors on the data source then the response data transform is not called in the ‘@baseclass.pxCallConnector’ activity, so the user is not able to get the error details on the data page.
This issue is resolved by HFIX-10193. In this HFIX, ‘@baseclass.pxCallConnector’ activity has been updated to call the response data transform even in failure scenarios. This enables user to map the error information coming from the data source page onto the primary data page.
0% found this useful