Copy Paste Images in Rich Text Editor-do not render in CreatePDF
Rich Text Editor ( RTE) is used to upload Images.
Images which are copy pasted from Windows Clipboard show up in the RTE (and also have an instance created in 'Data-Content-Image'), but do not get rendered into a PDF when the Smart Shape 'CreatePDF' is used.
Images which are directly (using the button) embedded into the RTE and Images which are Dragged or Dropped into the RTE do work.
Steps to Reproduce
On a FLOW which contains a 'CreatePDF' SmartShape:
1. Create an Image in PaintBrush.
2. Use CTRL-C on the image itself (*not* the file).
3. Paste into Microsoft Word (to demonstrate the CTRL-C worked).
4. Re-paste the same into PRPC RTE - confirm that image appears in the RTE.
5. Proceed through FLOW - and allow CreatePDF to generate PDF and attach it.
6. Confirm resultant PDF does not contain the image.
7. Confirm that a new instance of DATA-CONTENT-IMAGE *is* created.
Screenshots illustrating issue
Note: The first screen shot shows a working 'direct-attach' and working 'drag and drop' image for contrast; second screen shot here shows non-working copy/paste example.
Although the Rich Text Editor correctly shows all three images; when that HTML is rendered to a PDF (using CreatePDF SmartShape for instance) - the 'copy/paste' image is not present in the PDF:
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
This is logged as BUG-262733; and a fix will be evaluated for inclusion in a future version.
100% found this useful