Email Listener - DSN data can not be read
In the Service Email rule, set up Delivery status notification (DSN) data and set the original-to parameter. Expected result is to get all the invalid email addresses that were invalid.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- The use Pega to send an invalid email address and trigger a bounce back email from the server..
- race the service page and check the pyOriginalTo field to check the original targeted email IDs.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environment:
In the DSN data section, the value for 'Map To Key' column for the field 'original-to' is wrong. It should be '.pyInboundEmail.pyOriginalTo'
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
1. Configure the email listener with process Delivery Status Notification checked (DSN).
2. Configure the email service and DSN header data as shown below:
3. Two values to check for on the above page: 1. In Message Header section: Field-Name - Thread-Topic, Map to - ParseThreadTopicHeader, Map to Key - .pyInboundEmail 2. DSN data section: Field name - original-to, Map to - Clipboard, Map to key: .pyInboundEmail.pyOriginalTo4. After the above settings and configuration is done, restart the listener.
5. Trace and observe the value in the pyOriginalTo field of the service page, it should be email id which was the recipient of the original email which could not be sent.
Published April 13, 2017 - Updated May 4, 2017