Email listener fails with error for emails with attachments
An email listener which uses the pyCreateAndManageWorkFromEmail activity to create a case, fails for emails with attachments when the activity attempts to store the attachment in the file storage repository.
Unable to load data page D_pxRepository. Required parameters : Name. cannot be blank.
Steps to Reproduce
- Choose Store in the repository in the Appliaction Rule under Int & Security Tab
- Configure an Email listener to create and manage case items
- Send an email with attachments and trace the email service
The Application page of the Rule-Application class is not initialised for the unauthenticated service request.
As a result, the case processing is unable retrieve the value of the Repository page. This causes attachment failure to the case.
Perform the following local change:
Configure Service-Email to run in the authenticated context:
- Enable the 'Requires authentication' checkbox in the service package
- Provide the 'Requestor login' details in the Email listener with a valid operator credential. Email listener and email service executes using this operator context
Published December 20, 2019 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.