Error with decimal property when operator has nl_NL locale
I have an operator with nl_NL locale setting in the operator profile.
I have a property of type decimal. When I enter a decimal value in the property field which is of type currency, the value is getting converted.
The Dutch convention of decimal is 1200,00 (a comma is used as separator instead of dot, so the amount is twelve hundred euros).
This value is getting converted into English denomination when I click on submit & move to next screen. The value becomes 120.000,00 (which is one hundred and twenty thousand euros). The value is getting multiplied by 100 & getting converted.
If there are any calculations & declare expressions based on the value of this decimal property, this conversion is causing the amounts to be multiplied by 100. This would lead to the customer seeing incorrect amounts on the screen & the loan amounts will be quite high.
Steps to Reproduce
- Make an operator with nl_NL locale setting in the profile.
- Create a property of type decimal & add it in a screen.
- In the section, make the property field of type pxCurrency
- In the run time of a flow, add this section to a flow action.
- Add the same property, in another screen which is displayed on submitting the flow action.
- Enter a decimal value(1253,22) in the property field & click on submit.
- When we move to the next screen, the value is displayed as 125.322,00 ( the value is getting multiplied by 100).
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules.
This issue is scheduled to be resolved in Maintenance Level (ML) release 7.1.7 via issue reference 171493.