Error message disappears from input field after section refresh
Error message flashes quickly and disappears from a text input field under the following scenario:
- Input field has an “action set” defined for the “Change” event that forces section refresh and invocation of an activity.
- Input field is included into one of more nested sections, some of which have “Refresh condition” defined in section “Layout Properties”.
- The “Refresh condition” references the property associated with the input field.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Drop a text input field associated with property “MyProperty” into a section.
2. Define action set for the “Change” event causing section refresh and invocation of activity “SetMyPropertyMessage”
3. Define activity “SetMyPropertyMessage” to set some error message to property “MyProperty”.
4. Open “Layout Properties” of one or more of the parent sections of the text input field and define “Refresh condition that references “MyProperty”
5. Create test case and type some text into the input field. The error message set by activity “SetMyPropertyMessage” will flash and quickly disappear.
The root cause of this problem is conflicting multiple definitions of section refreshes on both section and text input field levels.
The application must choose between section and text input level refresh conditions.
Defining "action set" on the text input provides more flexibility and is likely more meaningful.
25% found this useful