Filter Condition on Report Definition Rule Does Match Unicode
SummaryA query is generated by PRPC report definition rule with parameters passed for FirstName and LastName. Even though records exist in database, they do not match.Error MessagesNot ApplicableSteps to Reproduce
- Create database table with two columns, first name and last name, in MS-SQL Server Database with column type nvarchar.
- Create a record in this table with first name and last name in unicode Char.
- Create a data class instance, Data Admin database Table Instance and map the table to class.
- Create a report definition rule on that class with two filter conditions for first name, last name and matching names in unicode Char.
- Observe that the records do not match.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems' code or rules:
Nvarchar column type is not set correctly in the column. Thus, N is not prefixed to the prepared value for NVarchar column in SQL Server database.
Published January 9, 2017 - Updated January 30, 2017