IH extension in outbound application
SummaryIn PegaMarketing 7.21 outbound application user have extended Interaction History(IH) using below steps
1. Adding columns Treatment_ID and BAN_NBR to the PR_DATA_IH_FACT database table.
2. Adding a property with the same name as in step 1 to the Data-Decision-IH-Fact class in the application ruleset.
3. Adding a property with the same name as in step 1 to the application's Strategy Result class.
4. Overriding the pyInteractionHistoryConfiguration data transform in the applicable application rulesets
The custom fact columns are storing in IH however its storing only when they are using UpdateStatus component/shape in offer flow referred in the MarketingStrategy, the default entry of IH record for each campaign/programm run per customer is having the custom column values as null.
Due to this issue application is unnecessarily adding extra row in IH per customer per campaign/program run into IH which causes redundant rows in IH and the volume of IH is increasing.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Add columns Treatment_ID and BAN_NBR to the PR_DATA_IH_FACT database table.
2. Add a property with the same name as in step 1 to the Data-Decision-IH-Fact class in the application ruleset.
3. Add a property with the same name as in step 1 to the application's Strategy Result class.
4. Override the pyInteractionHistoryConfiguration data transform in the applicable application rulesets
Run the program and check the IH.
While Extending IH in Pega Marketing, developers need to perform additional steps apart from the steps already mentioned as part of DSM reference guide.
ResolutionExtending IH in PegaMarketing 7.21 :Extending IH in PegaMarketing 7.21 requires following steps à steps 1-3 are part of the DSM process to extend IH, 4-6 handle PegaMarketing. All steps are required.
- Create the properties in the appropriate IH class (Fact or Dimension)
- Create the column in the appropriate IH table(Fact or Dimension). If using a database editor to add the column, verify that they have been properly created. Note that for some databases the Column needs to match the property.
- Copy the Data Transform Data-Decision-IH-Configuration.pyInteractionHistoryConfiguration to your Artifacts ruleset and update it to add your new property (follow the existing pattern)
- Create the proposition properties via the DSM landing page (Decisioning > Decisions > Proposition Management > Hierarchy)
NOTE: by default this will create columns with a length of 32 characters, you may want to modify the property and set the Max Length if this is insufficient.
Upgrading from PegaMarketing 7.13 :While making updates to simplify the IH extension process and apply it to more areas in 7.21 there is a need to upgrade if using the previous extension implementation. The data transforms and property local-list used previously are no longer used. Instead every path uses the MKTInteractionHistoryExtension data transform. This makes it easier and more consistent to extend IH properties throughout PegaMarketing.To upgrade:
- Copy the Data Transform Data-Decision-IH-Configuration.MKTInteractionHistoryExtension to your Artifacts ruleset and update it to add your new property (follow the pattern documented in the Comment block)
- Re-save the corresponding Database Table rule for the IH class(es) you have added properties for.
- Run a program to verify extension is working
- Locate the artifacts used by the previous version
- PegaMKT-System-Setting --> IHExtendedProperties
- Data-pxStrategyResult --> SetExtendedPropertiesFromOfferData
- Data-pxStrategyResult --> SetExtendedPropertiesOnSR
- Add the list of properties from the above 3 rules to the new MKTInteractionHistoryExtension data transform
- The properties/columns created for the IH tables should still work - assuming the names are the same
Published February 6, 2017 - Updated February 17, 2017