Integrate Tomcat with WebSphere IBM MQ
The requirement is to integrate Tomcat with IBM WebSphere Message Queue (MQ).
Steps to Reproduce
Perform the following steps to integrate Tomcat with WebSphere IBM MQ:
- Define MQ JMS (Java Message Service) Administered objects such as Queue Connection Factory, Queue, etc. The MQ Explorer is the tool provided by IBM.
- Copy the resulting .bindings file to a location on the Tomcat server. For example, /ibmjmsbindings.
- Copy the following JAR files from the IBM MQ Java client to the Tomcat LIB directory:
4. After restarting the Tomcat Pega instance, define the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) server (from the Pega Developer Portal) with the following values:
– Initial Context Factory: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
– Provider URL (Unix example assuming the .bindings file is under /ibmjmsbindings): file:///ibmjmsbindings