Java library classes imported through Wizard is not accessible
Java library classes imported through wizard is not accessible
There are a few external java jars containing classes to be used in PEGA which were imported using the import wizard into the Customer codeset 06-01-01.
Upon trying to use the classes in any java method or function, system is not able to resolve.
Unable to resolve. Also entries in the pr_engineclasses table are not proper.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Import a third party jar from Import wizard of developer portal.
2) Restart Pega app server.
3) Create an activity with a java step. try to initialize a class from the imported jar.
4) Save the activity. Pega says cannot resolve the class.
A defect or configuration issue in the operating environment.
The external jars that were imported were very large.
As a result the jar is not being imported as individual rows in pr_engineclasses because of the size of the jar.
In that case upon restart the jar would be extracted to the filesystem to a directory that is on the classpath.
The classes were not available on the paths.
Perform the following local-change steps:
- Go to SMA > Advanced > Etier Runtime Environment.
- Then enter the full Java class name of class, which is meant to resolve and click Lookup Java Class.
After doing this class is able to be used in Java step of an activity.
Published April 24, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
100% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.