Memory usage after upgrading to Pega 7.2
Performance and memory issues were observed after upgrading to Pega 7.2 from Pega 7.1.9. Memory usage in PMI was high, Designer Studio exhibited poor performance, and thread dumps were observed in application logs.
Steps to Reproduce
There is no specific use case to replicate the issue.
A defect or configuration issue in the operating environment.
The Java Virtual Machine (JVM) heap size was excessive compared to the RAM available on the system. Space available on operating system (OS) was insufficient.
Perform the following local-change:
- Increase the RAM of the Application Server.
- Adjust the JVM memory parameters according to "Pega 7 Platform Installation Guide for your Application Server and Database," taking care to:
- Reduce the initial size to four GB.
- Leave at least four GB of free memory on the OS for native memory, operating system, and buffering.
- Ensure that the JVM process is not swapping.
0% found this useful