MQ Listener is available only when PRPC deployed as web app
User wanted to set up an MQ Listener in Pega 7.1.8.
They have created the Server, the Listener, but they are not seeing the payload coming through.
On a different matter, it appears that the MQ Listener can only be utilized when PRPC is deployed as a web application; unfortunately, user has ear files deployed.
User requires an assistance to configure the MQ Listener in Pega 7.1.8.
The MQ Listener is available only when PRPC deployed as web application.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up a MQ Listener.
- Make changes PRPC EAR and deploy the same without configuring the JMS MDB.
"MQ Listeners with MQ Services when Pega 7.1.8 Platform is deployed as an EAR" cannot be achieved in Pega without the customized Java code.
Follow these configuration steps to create the JMS MDB:
- Create the MQ QueueManager, JMS Destination(Queue/topic) with listener running on the MQ server.
- Configure the MQ Message provider in the Websphere application server which integrate with MQ server.
- Configure Message listener Service listener port for the MQ message provider in the Websphere application server.
- Configure the datasource to use XA transaction on the server so that it would take an advantage of XA with the MQ server.
- Create the MQ server, JNDI Server in PRPC.
- Create the Data-Admin-ServicePackage for the listener.
- Create the JMS Service rule with the Request and Response message mapping and the Service Activity.
- Create the JMS MDB listener with Listener properties and message properties, which has QCF JNDI name and Destination JNDI name for MQ server.
For deploying a JMS MDB listener by using WebSphere, user can refer to the PDN article:
Published March 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.