Not able to create Strategy Property on Branch
Unable to create a property from the 'Strategy Properties' tab in the Branch ruleset. As a result, the following issues occur:
Issue 1: On locking the ruleset and restricting it, unable to create Strategy properties on the branch and error occurs.
Issue 2: On unlocking the ruleset, while creating the Strategy property, the selection of Branch option is unavailable.
Issue 3: When the user does not specify the ruleset Restriction, the list of all rulesets available for Strategy property creation displays with the available Branch option. The Strategy property is created with the selected ruleset instead of in the branch. This occurs despite selecting the branch.
Please select a RuleSet
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a branch to the application
- In Advanced tab of the Strategy class (for example, SR), add a ruleset name to restrict the creation of rules under that class.
- Open a Strategy in the SR class.
- In the 'Strategy Properties' of the Strategy, click New to create a new property. In the Create Property screen, the branch name and the ruleset are populated.
- Click Create. The system displays the error.
For issues 1 and 2: This behavior is as per Pega product design.
Issue 3: A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Here's the explanation for the reported behavior:
For Issues 1 and 2:
The issue occurred because the class has a ruleset Restriction. Hence, the Record API blocks the Property rule creation. If Ruleset restriction in the class is removed, then the user can create a property.
This Restriction is for Strategy property creation since it uses the pxCreateRecord API (this is a platform out-of-the-box API). The validation is from this API and is applicable for any rule that is created programmatically using the pxCreateRecord API. The system generates the error due to the Ruleset validation in the class which is misleading to the users.
For Issue 3: Apply HFix-59572.
0% found this useful