Old work object are retained when application is switched
User has two different applications in same environment. If a user has access to both the applications, and when user tries to switch from one application to other application, the work object worked one previous application are retained after switching the application. Infact the recents are also retained.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create two applications, for say "TestGCSApp" and "Fruits" with an operator "[email protected]" have access rights for both. This operator has been mapped with two access group, "Fruits:Managers" and "TestAppGCS:Managers".
2. After login with [email protected], create a work object for Fruits. for example:- "P-7".
4. Navigate to Operator Menu button, that is, Manager > Switch apps > TestAppGCS.
5. On work area, observe that the work object for first app "Fruits", that is, P-7 is still opened.
6. Even one can edit this work object, thus its something unexpected.
Even after switching application the old work object of previous application is accessible. Also, user can open work object of previous application created earlier and edit as well.
Product is designed to behave like this.
From Pega 7.x onwards, any operator having access to two applications can open the work object of all the accessed application without switching application.
As a security measure, all the opened work object opens in review mode.
Going forward in Pega 7.X version, this is a feature added to make work object of all the application available to user having access to two different applications.
For example, “[email protected]” has two access group "App1:Managers" and "App2:Managers" configured. Thus, user is allowed to create work object of both the application even after switching the application.
It might be observed that after switch the already opened work object of App1 goes in to review mode, thus avoiding user to edit it.
User (Manager in our example) need to again access the work object of App1, if required to process even after switching to App2.
Also, recent gadget tracks all user actions and it is not application specific. When switched to different application those are recent actions performed by user.
Though, if user want to tweak the rule and close the work object completely after switching the application.
User may need to add additional script to close the work object forcefully according to the business requirement in the “Manager Portal Navigation”(pyCaseManager) rule.
Published January 24, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.