ORA-24345 on querying property value greater than 4000 length
SummaryWhen running a report definition, ORA-24345 error occurs for certain instances whose property value length is greater than 4000.
Error Messages** An error occurred on executing the query for the report definition - There was a problem getting a list: code: 24345 SQLState: 99999 Message: ORA-24345: A Truncation or null fetch error occurred.
Steps to ReproduceRun the report definition.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environment. A database is limited to 4000 bytes in a varchar2 column. When the value length is greater than 4000, a CLOB column must be used; however, support for a CLOB was not available until Pega 7.2.2.
ResolutionSupport for CLOB in Obj-Save and to retrieve the entire CLOB content in a report definition is backported to 7.1.7. Report operations on the column (such as sort, grouping etc.) are not available when retrieving the entire CLOB content.
- Apply HFix-35518 and HFix-35527.
- Create a dynamic system setting as below:
'reporting/retrieveFullClobContent' on 'Pega-RULES' and set the value to 'true'
- For the property that is greater than 4000 characters, alter the table to add the column as a CLOB.
- Restart the system.
- Upon restart, navigate into the system and open the Data-Admin-DB-Table rule. Resave the rule and run the 'test connection' (a warning displays about the CLOB column).
- Run the column populator tool to populate the newly exposed column in any of the existing instances.
Published November 22, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020